Skip to main content

Imma Birthday Boy!

With my team undergoing a corporate audit during my birthday, I didn't plan to have any celebration, not even availing a "Birthday Leave."

However, being a jolly-good-fellow that I am, I still had the chance to celebrate it in many simple ways. It started earlier and hasn't ended on my actual special day.

Started my birthday week by attending a Sunday mass with my Sweetie at the Greenbelt Chapel, then watched a 3D movie and had simple dinner at Greenbelt. It was a great way to start my birthday week.

Sweetie, waiting for 8:00 PM showing at Greenbelt 3
Then the night before my birthday, a friend gave me free tickets to the premiere night of a Tom Hanks film, Larry Crowne, which I gamely shared with my friends and officemates, Lei and Jill. Thank goodness we're lucky enough to have good managers who allowed us to come to work late so we could avail the privilege. Thank you also to my movie-buff friend, Eva, for the free VIP tix at Gateway Cineplex!


Free VIP tickets!
With the tix and the nacho cheddar popcorn, I'm now ready for the movie!
Waiting for the film to start. We've got the best seats!
Played with the camera while waiting for the movie to start.

After the movie, we went straight to the office to go back to the usual busy workday. Then I checked my Facebook and I had a long chat with my favorite person, my Tay, Cj Vidal, who was also the first person to greet me this year. He's now enjoying his vacation in Canada (work from Canada, actually) and I super appreciate his efforts to greet me not just once, but several times. I had a great chat with him as I drew close to my birthday and we had the same wishes for each other -- a break, time to rest.

Working night shift and acting busy with the audit to-do's, I didn't realize the ticking of the clock as it reached 12:00 AM of August 3, until some teammates sang a shy version of the Happy Birthday song, with one of them holding a cake. I can't believe I got a little teary-eyed with the surprise from my former team.

Surprise cake, Mango Cake from Dulcinea

Enjoying my birthday continued for the rest of the day as I read the birthday email blast from my One Mobility family.

The birthday greeting from One Mobility, via IBM email :)

I gladly obliged myself to say thanks and comment back to each birthday greeting posted on my Facebook wall as well. I was so overwhelmed by the countless greetings I received, yeah, it's kinda tiring responding to them one by one, but it's no big deal, I had fun doing that!

Another 'first' that happened during my special day was the sleepover I had at the house of one of my closest pals in the office, Fil. Well it was such a pleasure to be welcomed in their house, no celebration, but at least I got to use their internet connection to continue responding to Facebook greetings. Haha! It was my first time to celebrate my day with somebody else's family. Glad his mom's a good cook! :)

While at Fil's house, I also got some (and missed some) phonecalls from friends who wanted to greet me. Gladly appreciate my fellow volunteers for researching on my mobile number just to send me their birthday greetings. I wasn't able to distribute the new number I'm using since I lost my phone, so thanks to those who successfully found my number and gave me a call and a text message.

Went to work for the August 3 shift and surprise for this day came from my present teammates - Chris, Fil and Tom, and a good friend, Tin. We simply shared a simple lunch from Cainta's best panciteria, Cha-Fine.

Pancit from Cha-fine Panciteria

With my team: Tom (our manager), Chris (our muse?) and Fil (nevermind).

One call I anticipated was a call from my bestfriend, Juff, who is already leaving the country the morning after my birthday. Missed his previous call attempts (I was asleep, or was too busy that I didn't notice my phone ringing), and finally got the one call when he was already checked in at the airport, waiting for his flight to New York. Yeah it was sweet, but I wasn't able to be sweet enough to talk to him longer because I had to get some month-end tasks done. So, we just had a quick exchange of Happy Birthday and Bon Voyage wishes. It was frustrating not being able to have a long talk with my bestfriend on his last day in the Philippines for this year, and not being able to have our usual "mahabang kwentuhan" on my birthday, but at least, we still found time to hear each other quickly. We can always catch up on some other day anyway! Thanks to Skype and Facebook and roaming. Hehehe! =)

It was no longer my day when my former team, the Mobility Accounting team, invited me to a breakfast treat - which is a treat to themselves as well for accomplishing their extremely-stressing month-end tasks after their critical workday. It was a fun-filled breakfast at Yellow Cab.


Last piece of Manhattan Meatlovers


Flanked by Ronnie, Jervy and Erikka

My former team, Mobility and Payroll Accounting Team

My birthday wasn't as grand as other people's celebration, no physical gifts received (because some gifts were given in advance) but indeed, it was a great day to celebrate life with a bunch of friends!

Celebration with my family coming up this weekend! Yayyy! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Break Up Movie

Viva artist, Donnalyn Bartolome, is once again giving the netizens another proof of her being the country's online princess - from being a video blogger, singer, songwriter and rapper, she is now launching her very first full-length Youtube movie, Happy Break Up. 
Donnalyn rose to fame after the release of her hit single "Kakaibabe", a track on the Diary ng Panget OST, which had 15 million hits. She recently released her album Happy Break Up with the lead single "Happy Break Up", which also became a hit, leading for the creation of the online movie with the same title. 

To surprise everyone and for you to know how talented this young lady is, she also edited the movie herself. Yes, you can now add "Editor" on Donnalyn's profile.
During the blogcon and the media preview of the Happy Break Up movie, Donnalyn revealed that it was her choice to cast former childstar Paul Salas as her leading man in the movie. And surprisingly, the now hunky Paul admit…

EDSA : A Film by Alvin Yapan

The internationally-acclaimed director and Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Futuristic Fiction awardee, Alvin Yapan, has once again committed himself to bringing another meaningful film to the Filipino movie audience, through the advocacy film, EDSA. Director Alvin Yapan, known for his noteworthy contributions in the Philippine independent film industry, with movies such as Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa and Debosyon, has always been reliable when it comes to conveying the Filipino art, culture and tradition through his films - may it be the Filipino ways of the past or the present. 
In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the 1986 EDSA People Power Revolution, Director Alvin Yapan and film producer Madonna Sanchez, have courageously taken the chance of shooting a film in the country's busiest road, where else, EDSA. This is with the intention of raising awareness to majority of the Filipinos on the daily hustle and bustle that the community encounters in this notorious na…

Bench Universe: The 2012 Denim & Underwear Show

Bench is undeniably the leading clothing brand in the country – with a branch in every mall nationwide, a roster of the most famous celebrity endorsers, and even creating the most talked-about billboards in the metro! With all these, the Philippines’ top retail brand definitely has all the reasons to celebrate majestically its Silver Anniversary. Celebrating its 25th year at the top, Bench ran their much-anticipated bi-annual fashion show in two nights, September 13 & 14 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena. Bench Universe: The 2012 Denim & Underwear Show, witnessed by thousands of Filipinos, was indeed the hottest and grandest fashion event of the year!
I was lucky enough to be given free VIP passes and witness the show on its 2nd night, along with some friends. We had great seats and we were able to witness every highlight of the show. We also saw a few famous faces in the showbiz industry seated near us such as box-office director, Mac Alejandre, PPL Entertainment head and star-ma…