Skip to main content

The Boracay Escapade

November 2011 – I had my first airplane ride and my first experience of the World’s 2nd Best Beach, Boracay. I know that this beach needs no further description as it is already famous not just to the Filipinos, but also to the foreign citizens.

Well I’m not really a beach fan, but Boracay made me one! Perfect sunset, finest white sands, crystal clear waters, crazy parties, friendly locals, beautiful people! The numerous activities you can enjoy within the island also add up to the reasons to enjoy Boracay.


La Carmela de Boracay
Sexy girls in bikinis!

We arrived in Boracay at around 4:00 PM and checked-in at La Carmela de Boracay Resort Hotel (we got it cheap through Ensogo). Since it was already late to try some activities plus we were tired from the plane-van-boat-tricycle ride, we just decided to stay by the shore, wait for some friends who arrived on the island a day ahead, and watched sunset. It was really fantastic! Definitely the best sunset I’ve ever seen!


The best way to kill time while waiting for the sunset? Take pictures!
...and be pictured while taking pictures!

Perfect sunset, isn't it?
Crystal clear waters. Magnificent sunset.

Our second day on the island was dedicated to the activities the island could offer. Now get this, you really have to be good when getting a deal or package. We got a package worth Php900 which already included the ATV ride, helmet diving, snorkeling and parasailing. Not bad, eh?

Got a bit disappointed with the ATV ride as I was expecting to drive on a rough and muddy land, but ended up driving it on an ascending zigzag highway. The drive was worth it though since our destination gave us a 360-degree view of the island. Awesome!


Ready for a fun-filled day!
The zigzag ATV trail.
Yeah, boi!
360-degree view of the island. Our ATV trail's finish point.


Snorkeling wasn’t that fun as well, as there weren’t that much fishes and corals, as compared to Puerto Galera.  Thank God that we were able to try helmet diving, where we had the chance to feed the fishes, and dive deep into the middle of the ocean. Yay! It was 25 ft. deep, I guess.

Bonding with the fishes.
Fun with the fishes!
These fishes amazed me! The locals cooked one of those I'm holding for our lunch.

Another thing I enjoyed was parasailing. It’s amazing how we sailed across the beach riding on a boat being controlled by the winds. I had doubt at first whether or not it was safe, but realized later that it was actually much safer than the motored boats.


Parasail

Most of my friends seemed to be tired and decided to give themselves some rest after a day filled with activities, maybe to prepare themselves for the beach party, but together with some pals, I went straight to the other side of the island to try skimboarding. Yay! But since I’m not good at balancing, I have accepted the fact that I can’t be a good wake boarder. I wasn’t able to manage a long skimboard slide despite having a personal trainer. Nevertheless, I loved the experience of trying it and will definitely do it again next time.


Okay, this isn't me. I have no blog-worthy picture enjoying the skimboard
One of Boracay's most famous landmark, the grotto (which is also the skimboarding area).

After an activity-filled day, we finally freshened up and went straight to grab a sumptuous dinner at one of the Eat-All-You-Can restaurants near the D*Mall (sorry, their food was so delicious that I forgot the restaurant’s name!).

I love their grilled fresh oyster! Unlimited!

Then it was party time. I’m known to my friends to be a party-lover and someone who loves to drink so I was so excited for this. We chose to spend the night partyin’ at Club Summer Place (one of the locals we’ve talked to had suggested this place), where we shared drinks and danced with the foreign visitors. It was one amazing party! Foreign turistas were so generous to give us some drinks! Yay! There also were girls who had gone wild on the dancefloor! Whew! We borrowed the famous Vegas’ line to sum up our night: What happens in Bora stays in Bora!!

Some of our 'safe' pictures at the bar. Haha!
Need proof of how wild the Boracay parties are? And NO, I DON'T SMOKE.

The inevitable jumpshot.
Indeed, I had my best beach experience in Boracay, not only because of its undoubtedly wonderful water and sands, but also because of its wonderful people – locals and tourists, and all the activities I got to experience and share with my friends. Truly, Boracay is one great place everyone should visit! I’m sure that my first Boracay getaway won’t be my last. I will certainly be going back to Boracay.

Comments

  1. I also enjoyed Boracay, like you did! My first time in Boracay was definitely fun. I enjoyed everything - the beach itself, water, sand, boracay resorts, food, night life, as in everything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Break Up Movie

Viva artist, Donnalyn Bartolome, is once again giving the netizens another proof of her being the country's online princess - from being a video blogger, singer, songwriter and rapper, she is now launching her very first full-length Youtube movie, Happy Break Up. 
Donnalyn rose to fame after the release of her hit single "Kakaibabe", a track on the Diary ng Panget OST, which had 15 million hits. She recently released her album Happy Break Up with the lead single "Happy Break Up", which also became a hit, leading for the creation of the online movie with the same title. 

To surprise everyone and for you to know how talented this young lady is, she also edited the movie herself. Yes, you can now add "Editor" on Donnalyn's profile.
During the blogcon and the media preview of the Happy Break Up movie, Donnalyn revealed that it was her choice to cast former childstar Paul Salas as her leading man in the movie. And surprisingly, the now hunky Paul admit…

EDSA : A Film by Alvin Yapan

The internationally-acclaimed director and Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Futuristic Fiction awardee, Alvin Yapan, has once again committed himself to bringing another meaningful film to the Filipino movie audience, through the advocacy film, EDSA. Director Alvin Yapan, known for his noteworthy contributions in the Philippine independent film industry, with movies such as Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa and Debosyon, has always been reliable when it comes to conveying the Filipino art, culture and tradition through his films - may it be the Filipino ways of the past or the present. 
In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the 1986 EDSA People Power Revolution, Director Alvin Yapan and film producer Madonna Sanchez, have courageously taken the chance of shooting a film in the country's busiest road, where else, EDSA. This is with the intention of raising awareness to majority of the Filipinos on the daily hustle and bustle that the community encounters in this notorious na…

Bench Universe: The 2012 Denim & Underwear Show

Bench is undeniably the leading clothing brand in the country – with a branch in every mall nationwide, a roster of the most famous celebrity endorsers, and even creating the most talked-about billboards in the metro! With all these, the Philippines’ top retail brand definitely has all the reasons to celebrate majestically its Silver Anniversary. Celebrating its 25th year at the top, Bench ran their much-anticipated bi-annual fashion show in two nights, September 13 & 14 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena. Bench Universe: The 2012 Denim & Underwear Show, witnessed by thousands of Filipinos, was indeed the hottest and grandest fashion event of the year!
I was lucky enough to be given free VIP passes and witness the show on its 2nd night, along with some friends. We had great seats and we were able to witness every highlight of the show. We also saw a few famous faces in the showbiz industry seated near us such as box-office director, Mac Alejandre, PPL Entertainment head and star-ma…